Not too spicy, and fantastically filling when served with rice
A printer friendly version of the recipe can be found here!
12 Oz/340 G Beef brisket with fat trimmed
8 Oz/227 G Korean radish
4 Medium leeks
10 Mushrooms (preferably shitake)
5 litres water
4 bowls of cooked rice
3 Tbsp Soy sauce – dark
2 Tsp Red pepper powder
2 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Garlic powder
0.25 Tsp Fresh garlic – grated
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
Pinch Black Pepper
1. Slice the mushroom into 0.25 inch thick slices.
2. Peel and slice the carrot into thin sticks.
3. Peel and slice the radish into 2 inch square slices
4. Trim the green tops and roots from the leeks, then slice in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 5 inch pieces.
5. Slice the onion in to 0.25 inch thick slices.
6. Put beef and water in a pot, boil for 30 mins, then reduce to a simmer for 2 hours.
7. Keep the pot of water, take beef out and cut into 2 inch square cubes.
8. Mix the beef and sauce ingredients in a bowl.
9. Add radishes, leek carrot, onion and mushrooms to the broth and boil for five minutes or until radish is soft.
10. Add beef and sauce and boil for one more minute, then serve in a bowl with rice.
Any comments about this dish? leave them below!