Bulgogi is a fantastic ‘entry level’ Korean dish as it’s flavours are not to strong but it is very tasty!
A printer friendly version of the recipe can be found here.
For the beef:
1.5 Lbs/ 680G Beef steak
2 Tbs Soy sauce
0.25 Cup Sugar
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tsp Sesame oil
2 Tsp Mirin
2 Tsp water
Can be served with:
I small head of lettuce separated into leaves to wrap the meat in
Cucumber sliced into 1.5inch long strips to wrap with the meat
Any sauces such as ssamjang
Spring onion and lettuce salad to wrap with the meat
1. Slice the meat into thin strips.
2. Mix Soy sauce, sugar, garlic, sesame oil , mirin and water in a bowl
3. Mix the beef in until all the meat is evenly coated, leave to rest for ten minutes.
4. Stir fry the meat in a frying pan or cook on a grill until meat is brown.
5. Serve wrapped in lettuce with sauce as in the ingredients list, or can also be served over rice.
Enjoy your homemade Korean BBQ! Any questions? Comment below!